Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2007/12/03

Dealing with death

It sounds a bit stupid, but my hubby's sister died in a car accident in another country- she was still quit young. We have all the detail of who the accident happened, even how she died. Problem is, I can't seem to make peace with it. It is truly working on my nerves, I have a little boy who loved her to bits and even he can't deal with it.

Will this constantly reminding vibe of the accident and the fact that we miss her so much ever get better.

I do catch myself that I tend to "see" her walk or even hear her talk.

There's absolutely nothing stpid in any way about your question, Mickey. Grief is hard work ; one does indeed adjust to it with time, and counsellin g may help you ( and help you to help your boy ) deal with it more efficiently. And be re-assured, although people tend not to talk about it, its actually quite common for one to "see" or "hear" the person you have lost, usually briefly, and when you remember that they are gone, the vision or sound fades away. It's perfectly normal, and will stop after a time.