Question
Posted by: Janus | 2004/10/20

Deaf in one ear

I had what they call Minuer Syndrome (spelling ?) in 1983, since then I am totally deaf in the left ear. Could the same happen in the other ear ?

Expert ImageHearing Loss

"Thanks for your question. Will you please post this question to CyberDoc or our Hearing Care Expert? These experts will be able to help with the medical aspects of your problem."

3
Posted by: Elle | 2004/10/21

I am totally deaf in the left ear. Could the same happen in the other ear?.......that is my biggest fear. When i was younger i went for treatment at a state hospital...but all they gave me was drops to be put in my nose and it irritated me so much that i stopped using it. When i got married i thought that i do have the medical cover to have a specialist see to my ear. His words were that a hearing piece won't do the trick...not even an operation. I have just learned to accept this...but do you have any hope for me perhaps.
Its just very embarrassing at times when people call you from the deaf side and you cannot hear them...

Reply to Elle
Posted by: ginger | 2004/10/21

I lost my hearing in Year 2000, since then I am totally deaf in the left ear. and i have never visit an Audiologist ONLY General Doctors, but i can tell you what theres no pain, nothing at all its just not operate Could the same happen in the other ear or do think i will ever recovered ?

Reply to ginger
Posted by: Health24 | 2004/10/21

Thanks for your question. Will you please post this question to CyberDoc or our Hearing Care Expert? These experts will be able to help with the medical aspects of your problem.

Reply to Health24