Question
Posted by: henriette | 2007/03/16

day after detox

Dear dietdoc,

I have been on a detox diet for 4 days now and would like to know what to do (foodwise) the next couple of days after the detox, not to put on the weight that i have lost?

Dear Henriette
Just reduce your fat intake and eat moderate portions of the foods you normally eat. Fatty foods have the highest energy content (1g of fat provides 37 kJ, while 1 g of carbohydrate or protein only supply 16 and 17 kJ, respectively), so by avoiding fats you keep your energy intake low.
Adding daily exercise for 30 min a day to your programme will also help to keep your weight in check.

1
Posted by: Ashley | 2007/03/16

Hi, I am on a detox right now (currently at day 2). I am detoxing for 3 days. After detoxing I am going to eat fish, chicken, red meat (not more than one a week), eggs and pasta, not to much bread rather try provita or crackers, potatoes, rice, sometimes something sweet and lots of water (2 liters a day)

Diet Doc will have a better answer. Just a thought you can use or not.

Reply to Ashley