Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/02/24

Day 1

So far so good, man didnt realise how alcohol forms part of my thought process - it just sails in like a snake and bite you in the ass, trying to change my thought pattern - yes only day one so taking it easy, been reading a lot Sidney Sheldon - Are you afraid of the Dark and sleeping trying to give my body some rest, didnt sleep so well last night.

Drinking VitB=Magnesium supplement and drinking lots of tea.

I feel good about my decision to stop - scared that I would fail myslelf. But I will perservere.

Sounds like a good plan, and doing well.

6
Posted by: C | 2007/02/25

Hear hear! Hic!

Reply to C
Posted by: finished and klaar | 2007/02/24

My opnion any married man who goes chasing after single women needs their balls chopped off.

Reply to finished and klaar
Posted by: anon | 2007/02/24

AA might sound scary as hell but its a support system and that is what is so great about AA. Even if one is a hermit type, every one needs support some time or another. Its sharing and finding comfort, someone else who has been through it. I have been trying to lose a few kgs and I can do fine, eat healthily and exercise etc, then all of a sudden I get the craving and voila! I can eat a chocolate or 3 and then feel so darn guilty, all my good work down the drain. I did give up smoking years ago. I just decided one day thats it, always kept a packet and a lighter just in case I would crave one, knowing I had them but as it turned out the craving left me and to this day never have a craving for a cigarette. In fact can't stand to be around anyone who does smoke, it makes your hair and clothes stink. Recently a Telkom technician had to come and check/repair my ADSL line. He was in my house for 5 minutes, but after it left it smelt as though he had been smoking in my home. Thats how much "stink of cigarettes" just on his person actually stayed in my home!

Kasandra when you feel like you can't take it anymore, you just need someone to help lift you up, etc. thats when you need the support of a buddy. I guess thats what AA is all about.

Take care and goodluck!

Reply to anon
Posted by: jcat | 2007/02/24

Hang in there Kasandra. I'm doing the same thing at the moment. Lasted for three weeks after new year, before slipping a bit. Round 2 is a result of the current meds not being allowed with alcohol, so it's now 10 days.
There is no way I could make myself go to AA, it would be just too much socialising - which I can't do even when I drink, and definitely not sober! But if you want a cyber-buddy to whinge to when you are feeling tempted, mail me on jcat456 at yahoo dot com.
regards
j

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/02/24

Thank you Buzz, maybe you feel a strange connection or relation to what i am going through... Thank you for you kind words, I know it can be done.....

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/24

Don't know why, but you've been on my mind since I responded to your last post. I am so glad you're doing so well . It's not ONLY one day - it's 24 hours with many temptations, desires and cravings - all of which you've managed to resist. Well done. You can lay your head down tonight, and be proud of your achievement the last 24 hours. One day at a time - and it worked!!! I'm proud of you.

Reply to Buzz