Question
Posted by: Joan | 2006/11/06

daxie with morning sickness?

My daxie is pregnant and i was just wondering if it is normal for them to get morning sickness?

It is unlikely but sometimes pregnant dog regurgitate their food if they eat too fast and there is too little space in the stomach due to pressure from the uterus.

5
Posted by: j | 2006/11/06

Give her around 60days if she is min. Please dont over feed and dont spoil because she is begging.I give her the quantity of food suggest on packet if it is a good "Vets" pellet. with a little bit more just to satisfy her. I do give mine a bit more by maybe at lunch time giving her a snack and it is only in the last 14 days i start introducing her to a baby pellet so that in the last week she is eating her normal quantity of big dog food and the a good portion of puppy/junior food. If you feed to soon you will have bigh babies and also by the time she gives birth she will be used to eating a big bowl and that is not good for her. She must be satisfied but not over eating. A month into the preg, i deworm her and then let her go through.
You do found that they can other be loving and want attention or just leave me alone and when i feel like it/ or better i will come to you attitude.
Best of luck

Reply to j
Posted by: Joan | 2006/11/06

She is a minture daschund and mated and locked several times between day 9 and 13 and in my diary she has 56 days to go still counting from her first mating.
She has become very loving the last week sticks to me like glue she doesn't leave my side lately i think it could be her hormones.

Reply to Joan
Posted by: j | 2006/11/06

My friend had a little dog and she was preg everthing was there, eating,sleeping and making a nest and the titties all ready for the supposed date. One due date gone the next and after 3 day over due went to vet and he told her that she had a phatom preg.
In the first month you see the tummy getting biggar and around about 4/6 weeks you will see more of the sighns. about 6 weeks you should start to see and feel the little kicks. (No always you have to be still and tuned in to feel, it is like a soft feather feel if you are touching her tummy)
the last week or so you will start to see mucus coming from her , you will see she will clean her self a lot more that normal ( or should do) as she gets ready for the babies to come into place .
When was she mated and what size dog is she?

Reply to j
Posted by: Joan | 2006/11/06

J, She is eating alot more than usual and all she does is sleep is this also normal and another question if you can help . How long before you start seeing that they are preggies?

Reply to Joan
Posted by: j | 2006/11/06

Yes they also do. You will found that some will not eat as well. I have one that does not eat early morning but in the course of the morning she will get her food and she seems a little more active so that is maybe why she does not come up.
It does go over, so take heart. Each dog is diffrent to there is not set time. All the best

Reply to j