Posted by: jen | 2008/09/05

daughter with stroke

when my daughter was 5 and a half years she had a massive stroke. this was 4 and a half years ago. At the time the doctors did a brain scan and told me there was no permanent damages. at 10 years my daught still does not have the full use of her left hand and walks with a limp. i have stopped physio as they told me i only needed to bring her once a week for 20 to 30 minutes which was doing nothing for her. is there anything a can do that will help her to use her hand,

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Dear Jen

Thank you for visiting

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do actively, to mobilise her hand. You can however, do daily stretching of the digits, the hand and the pulse. You will have to wait and see if she regains motor function of her hand.