Question
Posted by: Riana | 2006/07/20

Daughter psycholocically disturbed?

Dear CS

My teenage daughter has been acting really strange the past few months.

She sometimes gaze into thin air, and when I get closer to her she would pull herself back and look at me as if I am some sort of intruder in my own home.

She does nothing but sit and stare all day. She sometimes draw pretty pictures but destroys it right there after after spending 3 hours on it.

Oh, and she hardly close an eye. Her eyes are black circled because of the lack of sleep.

She never really talked much before, but now she never talks. This is driving my husband out the walls as he say he feel so helpless to help her.

I tried talking to her, but it looks like she do not ‘register’ what I am saying and just stare at me!

Is there any diagnosis or help I can get her? I am a full time worker, and I am not much at home.

Dear CS
Please talk to cybershrink on health 24 website. Possible reasons could be depression or using of drugs - your GP can test for drugs with urine and blood sample. Don't try to handle this yourselves - get professional help soon.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2006/07/20

post your question to CyberShrink. Your daughter definitely needs help and the sooner the better.

Or ask your GP for a referal to a psychologist.

Good luck.

Reply to anxious