Posted by: concerned mom | 2007/05/22

Daughter not coping

My 14yr old daughter is depressed and not coping with school, friends and pretty much everything. Despite me trying to help she and I both feel that she needs the help of a professional. Now I need to know what type of professional she needs to see. What will this person be able to do for her?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

There's no great mystery about getting help for her, and you are wise to decide to do so. ANY good local shrink, a psychiatrist or psychologist ought to be able to help, and your GP may be able to recommend someone suitable --- personally, I'd prefer a psychologist who, because they cannot prescribe drugs, are more likely to use simple, useful psychological methods like CBT counselling, which can be very effective and need not be lengthy

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.