Question

Daughter masturbating

Hi there i caught my daughter and her friend masturbating together with small spray cans. What do i do regarding this and is there any other moms that has encountered the same thing

Expert ImageTeen expert

to be honest the best thing to do is nothing. It is very normal for teens to explore their bodies and this can also happen with friends. For many people early experimentation includes friends of the same sex and it should not be assumed that this leads to homosexuality - what her sexuality turns out to be will be a process in terms of her development - gay or straight she will be who she is.

5
Posted by: yvette 76 years old | 2013/08/12

I'm alold one now (76) began to masturbate at age 8 when older sister who was 5 years older learned to me how to have fun by rubbing clitoris. Since that time I never stoped to play with my clitoris even when marriedand having intercourse with husband. Just since now husband who is old and impotant, I became as old woman, to be shy about that behaviour and, after hesitation, i decided to get excised and closed in attempt to stop masturbation ( the last times was 4 to 10 times per24 h) After a harsh adaptative time, with heavy frustration and regrets feelings, now I feel freed and proud to have been excised and infibulated (since 85 y o hubby is impotent so having no moreintercourse)

Reply to yvette 76 years old
Posted by: ? | 2007/06/11

Who does not masturbate???? Get her a vibrator.

Reply to ?
Posted by: guy | 2007/06/09

Dont get into any real conversation with her aabout this, just tell her to be careful about what she uses when masturbating to avoid gettting an infection or hurting herself. I wouldnt worry about the fact that she was doing it simultaneously with her friend. girls are very comfortable with eachother sexually, and therefore she may not necessarily be a lesbian. Just do not corner her or sit her down and get into a deep conversation about it. to do so would make her uncomfortable with both the situation and possible with sexuality for the rest of her life. although i dont doubt that as a parent you want to keep her sexually pure, it can really hurt a girl's social life and her personality/mentality to discourage sexuality and exploration. just stick to the hygeine.

Reply to guy
Posted by: picadeli | 2007/06/07

Dont worry, this is perfectly natural. She needs to "explore" herself and all teens are going to do this at some point. it is a bit dodgy, however, that her AND her friend were doing this together. Speak to her about it. See what she has to say.

Reply to picadeli
Posted by: xyz | 2007/06/07

As long as the cap of the can does not come loose and get lost inside her... explain to her about hygiene - chances of infection and toxins.

Reply to xyz