Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008/11/10

Daughter Issues Still


Now my daughter is stealing non stop. She took over R200 out my bag while I was bathing my sons and almost R600 from my husband over the weekend. His wallet was in the top of his cupboard, not even lying around.

She spent my money at school and NO ONE saw that a 10 year with R200 is a bit much?? She used it ALL in 1 day.

I cant take it anymore. She is ripping my family apart.

I know there is/was a Boys Town for boys like her, is there a similar place for girls? I need to do something before she ends up in Jail.

I cant afford the financial impact of her stealing, that money she took was to pay for ALL my kids transport for November and I cant not pay them which means they wont take my to and from school. I am in a really terrible place right now.

Please help!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Its amazing that a school apparently thought nothing of a child flashing so much money in a day. What a distressing situation for you. She should really see a child psychologist, and perhaps the school can recommend one they have worked with before. You need meanwhile to provide proper security for your money, and ground her --- no treats, NO pocket money for months, after calmly explaining that this is caused by her stealing.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008/11/10

The police station in Tableview refused and social services had a hissy fit at me for even suggesting that I tried that, They told its cruel and mean and if I tried it again, they would take ALL my kids from me.

That was my initial thought too, scare her. Well it only ended up scaring me into a nervous breakdown.

She now knows she can cry wolf to them. I cant even shout at her and she reports me.

My younger children are beautiful friendly gentle kids who dont lie or steal.

Thanks for the advise, I really appreciate it.

Reply to Sad Mommy
Posted by: Another mom | 2008/11/10

ABC - I agree with you on this one.
I was in the police service for many years. My son, who was 8 at the time lied to me on two occassions about something. The first time I warned him that if you can lie you can steal. He knew that lying was just not an option in our house. So, the second time he lied about the same issue, I marched him into the police station where I worked, asked one of the policemen for his cuffs, cuffed him and marched him to the cells. I knew that two cells were vacant. I told him on our way there that if he wanted to lie like a criminal, he might as well stay in the cells (jail). Well, I opened a cell and put him inside. I closed the door and locked the cell. I left him in there for about 5 minutes, took him out and gave him a hiding. The lie was quite serious and I wanted to send a clear message. Well, he is 18 years old today and let me promise you he is one of the most honest people I know. I have no problems with him and he is well ajusted. I have always taken the no nonsense route with him and although I am not in the police anymore - he knows that his actions will have dire consequences.

I am a true believer about parents showing their children just how bad life can be when they steal, lie and disregard the law.

I have done the same with other youngsters who stole their parent' s car for a druken joyride. I had the consent of their parents though. I took them to the morgue and showed them photos of accidents. Years later one of their parents phoned me and said that they never had a problem with their son again.

Some kids learn by seeing the truth. What does it really mean to her if you tell her that she will go to jail? Take her there. Phone the prison authorities and take her for a visit or ask your nearest police station to assist you.

You can also phone girls town.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Another mom
Posted by: ABC | 2008/11/10

Have you tried taking her to a jail? Have her visit one and ask the warden to " explain"  consequences of actions to her

Reply to ABC
Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008/11/10

I have tired all your suggestions, All it got me was a wrist slap from social services for depriving my child. They seem to be creating 1/2 my problems and not helping me.

Reply to Sad Mommy

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.