Question
Posted by: Spunky | 2004/11/11

Daughter-diarrhea (19 months)

My daughter had a very bad bout of diarrhea, she was on an antibiotic but that didn't help much, her creche teacher gave her custard powder mixed in some water and that helped to stop the diarrhea but it also stopped her stool from being not soooo soft, she struggled, I could feel her tummy was hard and she was trying to go out so badly that her whole body used to sweat.
What is the best cure for diarrhea? Home remedy if possible?
She also seems to be asthmatic like me and has hay fever, what can I use to help make it lesser as she grows?

Spunky, the safest home remedy for diarrhoea that I know of is to grate an apple, to let it go brown in the fridge and to then eat it.
The only thing you can do is to limit her exposure to allergens (pollen, pet hair, dust, etc.). Good luck.