Question
Posted by: Lee | 2011/02/17

Darn weight

Problem: started eating correctly, cut out a lot of junk. When I do ''over-indulge'', I double-up my exercise (cardio). Been exercising 6x a week for the last three weeks. NO weight-loss, in fact, clothing feels more snug! Help please! I''m desperate to lose only 5-6 kilo''s. By the way, I''m 1.59 and weigh 65 (never weighed this much before!!)

Dear Lee
Your present BMI = 25,7 which is just above the upper level of the normal range (18-25). If you can achieve a BMI of 23 (for which you would need to weigh 58 kg - a loss of 7 kg) then you weight would be nicely back within the normal range. I don't know what type of diet you are using, but you can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), to see if this will help you lose weight. Keep up the good work with the exercise, but concentrate on the cardio workouts because they assist weightloss.

1

Dear Lee