Question
Posted by: meisie | 2005/11/30

Dark, lumpy cycle

I started late with my period this month and when it came it was almost black and very lumpy like, not fluid. I would like to know whether this is a problem and if it just happens now and then?

I have had it before, but not as bad. I am 25 years old, I have been on Melodene contraceptive for 3 years.

You should not have a late period on the Pill. A check-up is probably a good idea.
The consistency of the period varies with the percentage of blood and uterine lining in it. As long as they are regular that is fine.

3
Posted by: genee | 2005/12/01

ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM 2 WEEKS AGO..IT WAS SO BAD THE DOC HAD TO ADMIT ME...DID A D&C..BETTER NOW

Reply to genee
Posted by: Lovely | 2005/12/01

I've just had the same! Not really blood more like a dark thick discharge.I went to see my gynae but he said there's nothing 2worry about,but I also need more explanation why is it happening and how 2prevent that cause I heard that this might give me a problem conceiving & I have been TTC'ing 4 2years now.

Reply to Lovely
Posted by: Me too | 2005/11/30

I've just had the same! Not really blood more like a dark thick discharge.I'm not taking any contraceptives though!

Reply to Me too