Question
Posted by: Couch | 2004/01/27

Dark coloured urine

Hello,

I have been taking Trisequens for three months to make my cycle regular. I am now in the red section, but have noticed my urine is a dark yellow colour, similar to when you take antibiotics. Could this mean that the medication is going straight through my body, that is, I do not need it and may be pregnant? I have not started bleeding yet and am taking no other medication.

Thank you.

I doubt that the colour of the urine has anything to do with the Pill. Trisequens is not a contraceptive and you could therefore fall pregnant on it. So long as you start bleeding somewhere in the red section, that is fine.

1
Posted by: sam | 2004/01/28

Could just be that you're drinking less and your urine is concentrated. Or that you're taking vitamins (like vitamin B), which makes urine darker and yellow!

I don't thinkg the pill can make your urine dark. If you're trying to fall pregnant, its not a good idea to go on the pill to regulate your cycle, as it takes some time for all the hormones to get out of your system before you can conceive.

Reply to sam