Question
Posted by: May | 2008/06/11

dark circles

Hello Doc

I have read all your explanations regarding what the causes are for dark circle under the eyes , now besides that are there anything else diatary wise that can contribute to shadows under the eyes.

Tx
May

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello May, thank you for the question.

Besides the ageing associated reasons I have given the following are medical reasons for dark circles:
Persistent eye rubbing
Allergies
Stress, depression
Hay fever
Dehydration

Nutritional causes are vitamin C and iron deficiencies. As mentioned in the previous answer a healthy diet, exercise, reducing coffee intake, and stopping any bad habits such as smoking may also benefit the dark circles.

1
Posted by: Avs | 2008/06/20

I have dark circles too which seem to get darker. I also thought it was dietry related although drinking enough water seems to alleviate the extent of the darkness somehow. It would seem that the cause for this is excessive pigmentation in that area. Good idea to haver it checked.

Reply to Avs