Question
Posted by: KK | 2005/07/04

dark brown discharge

i have been having a dark brown discharge that at times comes out in a mucous form for about a week and a half now. but i have no abdominal discomfort, nor does it have a smell. is this something i should worry about?

You don't say whether you are pregnant or not, or whether you are on the Pill. Please give more information.

1
Posted by: S'ya | 2005/07/04

I had the same discharge for 3 weeks. I was 14weeks preggies then. The docotrs didn't know what was wrong so I was admitted into hospital when I was given anti-biotics for 3 days & bed rest for the rest of 3 weeks. Two doctors had diff. opinions what was wrong & one thought I had a fibriods & he wanted to terminate the pregnancy before it got worse. I decided to contact my childhood GP back at home & explain to him what was going on (over the phone) he told me there was nothing wrong with me, I'm too young for fibroids & my uterus might be lying too low therefore exceting more pressure thus the bleeding. He told me it'll go away as the uterus moves up & it did. Thank GOD I didn't allow them to terminate the pregnancy.

Reply to S'ya