Question
Posted by: Jerry | 2004/11/20

Dangers of Atkinson Diet

What are the dangers of the Atkinson Diet. Are there dangers if one only goes on the diet for a short while to loose 3 kilos?

Dear Jerry
You can probably use this diet for 2-3 weeks to lose your 3 kg, BUT it is dangerous if you use it for longer. To read more about the Atkins Diet, click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and 'Diet Detective' and read the article on the Atkins Diet. It is safer to use a balanced low-fat, high-fibre diet that does not exclude any of the food groups to lose weight. Combine such a diet with regular exercise to achieve weight loss.
Take care

1
Posted by: John | 2004/11/20

I have been on the Atkins diet now for close on 3 years and it is the best thing I ever did. What one needs to watch out for is over consumption of animal products.

Other than weight loss it has cured a number of illnesses I had. Atkins is excellent if followed in moderation.

Reply to John