Question
Posted by: big t | 2007/05/29

dangers at home&work

i work in a very busy environment which requires me to start working from 7am-5pm sitting the whole time,with very short breaks in between.and at home i live alone without my boyfriend around because he works night shifts at times,which results in me having to push heavy objects around on my own.the last couple of days my cousin came to visit me with her baby,meaning i spent a lot of my time picking up my cousins baby who's generally weighing 7kg.and last night i picked him up using only one hand and the next thing i had pains on my whole left hand side.do you think i could have hurt my unborn baby's bones?&is squatting dangerous for an unborn baby?tell me what common mistakes that are made which put an unborn baby's life a risk .he is kicking normally just like always.but to tell you the truth my back hurts.

You would not have hurt your baby, only yourself. Be careful how you pick up things when you are pregnant. Bend at the knees rather than the back, and be careful to avoid strain on the back.