Question
Posted by: Teddy bear | 2005/07/19

Dangerous if on pil and fall pregnant?

Dear Doc

Is it dangerous for a baby if you should fall pregnant while on Minerva, and only realise it when your period doesn't show up? Can it cause complications?

No it will not affect the baby.

3
Posted by: Teddy Bear | 2005/07/20

Hi guys

Thanks for your help! My husband and I was ttc'ing about two months ago, but my period was irregular and I had some spotting after using the injection, so my gynae said it would help to go back on the pill for two months, and I am in my second month of using the pill now, but I have been feeling nauseous every evening for the past two weeks, but only in the evenings (it goes away when I wake up in the mornings), I did a test this weekend, but it was negative, but maybe it's too early, so I'll do one this weekend. I just wanted to know if it was dangerous, because I'm not sure if I'm pregnant yet or not...

Anyway, I'm glad it's OK, I appreciate your help!

Teddy Bear

Reply to Teddy Bear
Posted by: Tracy | 2005/07/19

Me too - decided I didnt know if I wanted to fall pregnant so i did a test whcih was negative and went back on pill (was off for about three months) and two weeks later didnt feel too good and did a test and was positive.

Both Gp and Gynae said the pill would not affect baby but Gp warned me to wean myself off pill so that my hormones did not drop suddenly and cause miscarraige BUT gynae said it was safe to stop. I took pill every second day for a week then every third day for a week.

Good luck and maybe call or visit your gynae if you are pregnant and on the pill.

I am 15wk4d and baby is doing well (but I am so nauseous)

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/19

Hi Teddy,

I fell pregnant on Minerva and only after did i finish my pill then realize my period was late did i do a test. I am now 35 Weeks preggers and my baby is healthy.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS