Question
Posted by: Sam | 2004/11/05

Danger to myself

Hi all

I know that it is weekend and that one is suppose to be looking forward to it but I on the other had feel emotionally dead.
I took an overdose of tablets the other night and feel like doing the same today.
I know in situations like this I am suppose to call my shrink but I don't have the courage to do so. I am going to do something stupid. And I might this time not wake up.

What am I to do? Closes friends and doc are 300 km away.

Well, don't under any circumstances take another overdose or let yourself come to harm in any other way. You tried that before, and it solved nothing. It shouldn't need courage to call your shrink and talk about how you're feeling, and any shrink worth his salt would WANT to hear from you in a situation like this. Otherwise, or better still, AS WELL as calling your shrink, call the support and helplines like Lifeline listed on this page and elsewhere in health 24. And as Dc says, go to the nearest good casualty dept and tell them. Do NOT leave yourself alone while feeling like this.
With the added info in your second posting --- check with the owner and even folks at work, about the whereabouts of the hospital ; doctors will be listed in the phonebook. Ask the guy who runs the guesthouse to look after your meds, and let you have the day's dose each day.
And keep in touch with us, not only this weekend, but as you sort things out over the next weeks. We'll be expecting to hear further from you

14
Posted by: Afterlife | 2004/11/05

Dear Sam

Suppose, just suppose, there is such a thing as reincarnation - you come back to earth in another body. The theory goes that in your next life, you carry the burden from this life as well. Think about it this way, then you will carry double the load!
Is that fair to the next life?
Just image how heavy the double burden will be!
Carry your load now, and it will be easier the next time.

I am not saying there is such a thing - but just in case....

warm regards

nelis

Reply to Afterlife
Posted by: Sam | 2004/11/05

Thank you for the advise. It is now just up me to go make the right decision.
I will be working this weekend- so no church. Unfortunately I will be alone most of the time as I am a shift worker. I will leave my medication at home. Not into cutting myself!

I feel hopeless.
Hugs

Reply to Sam
Posted by: hang in there | 2004/11/05

Hi Sam

go and talk to someone, pse. if only we could talk to each other, coz I've been feeling that way for the past week, but the thought of kids are preventing me from doing anything stooooooopid.
be cool, and take the advise of the others.

GOD LUCK!

Reply to hang in there
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/05

I agree with seeing a doc as soon as possible. If this is not possible, you can always phone the numbers at the top of this screen. Get someone on the line to talk to when you feel you want to do it. They're wonderful at listening and give helpful advice.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: BT | 2004/11/05

Hey Sam, don't do anything silly, I tried as well and it didn't work and I am always worried of the consequences, think of that, I have damaged my stomach and am hurting because of it, don't let that happen to you. Go straight to a hospital, the sooner the better, 21:00 is late or else find the number, call them and get directions, go straight from work and explain that you need to speak to someone and tell them how you feel. It is okay to feel this way, just know that you are special and there are people out there that need you and want you around.
Hang in there.
Good luck.

Reply to BT
Posted by: DC | 2004/11/05

Also try your best not to be alone, even if it means stiing in the lounge at the guesthouse all nite.
You could also try to find an Internet Cafe or similar and continue posting here.There will be a few on-line to chat to you.

Goodluck, but pls try to get to hospital..

Reply to DC
Posted by: Sam | 2004/11/05

Thank you for your inspiring words. Unfortunately, I am in a small dorpie in the middle of nowhere. My fifth day here and I have no idea where the hospital is.
I have no friends and am staying in a guesthouse. I will ask the owner for directions as soon as i get home from work (21:00)

My God bless you all
Sam

Reply to Sam
Posted by: question to you | 2004/11/05

Never play with your life like that...what happens if u try and it doesnt work and then you are left in a veggitive or half paralized state ..
Seek help first - much easier too!

Reply to question to you
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/05

Don't be alone with yourself... make sure that there are people around you. If you live alone... spend the weekend with a friend... don't allow yourself to be tempted to end your life.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Listener | 2004/11/05

I know some of us have more days than others when we have had more than enough, especially when we cannot fathom out how to change the things that are upsetting us. But what I do know from first hand experience is until you can see your doc, go to bed and sleep...it is the best therapy . And I mean without drinking sleeping abs or something. Or try and read a book...it takes you into another world for a while.

Reply to Listener
Posted by: doc | 2004/11/05

I agree, you straight to casualty and ask to see a Doctor and they will be able to totally make you feel yourself again...

Dont end life bec of your situation, no matter what u r going through there is always a way to help and fix it.

PLEASE you are a precious person ...and to others

Reply to doc
Posted by: advice | 2004/11/05

Bud you need to see some help ASAP...

when people are really down and out they do silly things and its so not worth it man...some medication or a good chat can make the world of difference.

I know when i go through a tough time I call a bud up and go to church on sunday too and i feel so much better and refreshed...you owe this to yourself...dont let things get out of hand.

Reply to advice
Posted by: Sneaky | 2004/11/05

Hey hey....
Listen now no matter how bad life may seem there is always a way out of the valley to a beautiful green pasture !!!

Know that you are such a special person , that is just going through a tough time and needs some encouragement to make you feel better...dont do anything stupid now...

there is so much to enjoy in life and you just need to get better to be enabled to enjoy it.

CALL THAT CLOSE friend or doc - thats what they are there for. I have a friend going through a tough time in her marriage and always felt bad to call me but I told her it what we are here for , to make you feel better and to put a smile on your face!

I pray that you feel bettter soon and remember that why you feel all alone and down God is always there to help you even when everyone else has given up he is there to comfort and love you :)

Reply to Sneaky
Posted by: Dc | 2004/11/05

Sam
Go directly to the Casualty section of your local hospital.

Reply to Dc