Question
Posted by: Meg | 2008/01/15

Damages of contraceptives to the body

Hi Doc, i have been on the 2 month injection for the past year now and havent had any side effects besides the occassional bleeding here and there. Lately i have been reading up and hearing loads of stories regarding the long-term effects of this contraceptive. I would like to have another baby in a years time and am now too paranoid and scared to continue on my injection. According to my gynae if the 2 month injection doesnt work then i'll have to insert a Mirena and i dont want that. Please advise what is best.

Have a look under Contraception on this site for the pros and cons of the different contraceptives.