Posted by: Red | 2010/08/31


A case was opened against me at the Police Station. I was duly arrested at my place of work and detained overnight.The following day I appeared in Court.The Magistrate said I could step down, the Court had no case against me.
This is not family law stricltly but it has had a terribly damaging effect on my children to have their mother in jail.
Can I sue for damages?Can I sue the person who opened the case against me?Please advise me the correct procedure. I know I will need a lawyer but would lke to know the correct proceedure first.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFamily law expert

Best would be to consult and attorney in your area. You can in certain circumstances sue if you were arrested without reason.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Red | 2010/09/06


Reply to Red
Posted by: Depends | 2010/09/02

What were you arrested for?

Reply to Depends

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.