Posted by: Anon | 2009/08/17

Damaged testicle

Hi doc,

I' ve had a problem for many years which i' m too embarrassed ro discuss with anyone. Please can you advise me.

About 12 years ago i had an impact to my one testicle, which is still causing me immense pain. I' ve never discussed this with anyone.

My one testicle are now miss-shaped and incredibly painfull, but i fear they' d wanna remove it, so i' ve kept quite for many years. It seems as if the upper halve of the testicle is leaking, so it' s flattened and enlarged.
This influences my sexual ability in the sense that i cant bear pressure on the testicle, and therefor my partner cant touch me.

Please advise on whether you think i could resolve this myself, or whether i should see a docter. Do you think there could be something seriously wrong?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anon
I think you should see an urologist - if the testis is damaged to such an extent that it needs to be removed, they can implant a prosthetic testis that feels and looks exactly like a normal testis. In the long term this may be more comfortable and no one will ever know that it is not your original testis!
See also
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.