Posted by: FARHAD MAHOMED | 2007/07/15


Please could you advise me as to what can i do or obtain medically to get my right hand finger tip (finger tip after the thumb)which was damaged thro a cricket ball a few years ago and has damaged the tip of the finger nail causing it to be out of shape and totally disfigured. i have photos to submit if it will help determine the problem. will i be needing surgery or a false nail to get it back to look normal.?? the cuticle and bed of the nail, i think is severally damaged not allwoing it to grow and look normal. Please advise me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Farhad
Let a dermatologist have a look - it may be needed to remove the nail and see if it will grow out normal. If the injury is in the growth plate, it may be difficult to treat

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.