Question
Posted by: FARHAD MAHOMED | 2007/07/15

DAMAGED FINGER NAIL TIP -

Please could you advise me as to what can i do or obtain medically to get my right hand finger tip (finger tip after the thumb)which was damaged thro a cricket ball a few years ago and has damaged the tip of the finger nail causing it to be out of shape and totally disfigured. i have photos to submit if it will help determine the problem. will i be needing surgery or a false nail to get it back to look normal.?? the cuticle and bed of the nail, i think is severally damaged not allwoing it to grow and look normal. Please advise me.
farhad

Dear Farhad
Let a dermatologist have a look - it may be needed to remove the nail and see if it will grow out normal. If the injury is in the growth plate, it may be difficult to treat