Question
Posted by: Seymore | 2003/01/14

Damage to Fetus?

My daughter is three months pregnant and is working in the office of a rubber lining factory.
When she blows her nose it is black from dust that she inhales. She is very concerned that this may damage the baby? There is sometimes a strong smell of glue and solvents. How will this affect the development of the baby?

Seymore, it all depends on the concentration of the chemicals she works with. I doubt that the rubber itself is dangerous, but the chemicals themselves might be. The best place for her to find out would be from the local occupational health department. If she doesn’t know who or where they are, she should ask her GP or the representative of her union. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Mom2B | 2003/01/15

This does not sound like a good enviorment for a pregnant woman to work in. If secondhand smoke can be harmfull to a unborn baby, then it would make sence to me that the glue fumes can be harmfull too.

Reply to Mom2B