Question
Posted by: concerned | 2004/11/10

Daktacord Lotion

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and have this weird skin thing, my GP prescribed Daktacord cream, now I see in the leaflet it shouldn't be used by pregnant woman because of some of the active ingedients. I'm just a little concerned, my GP knew I'm pregnant, can a external lotion be bad or not. Or should I maybe just use Antisan instead,

Will it do any harm to my baby? Since I used it a week already before reading the leaflet, I accepted it to be fine since my doctor prescibed it.

Some cream will be absorbed but this will only really be a problem with longterm use. If you rash is clearing up, then you could stop soon.

2
Posted by: concerned | 2004/11/10

Thanks, I have only been using it for a week and the fungi thingie is almost gone.

Thanks again

Reply to concerned
Posted by: Healthcare | 2004/11/10

Daktacort is an antifungal cream containing a weak cortisone (for itching symptom). Apply the cream sparingly not more than twice daily for 3-4 weeks only. It has been safely used during pregnancy for short period. Prolonged use can give rise to systemic effects.
Anthisan is more for allergy rashes such as insect bites, hence it won't be effective for fungi.

Reply to Healthcare