Question
Posted by: Lifesigns | 2005/12/09

Dairy Allergy.

Hi there,

I'm a 24yr old male and would like some advice...

In May, of this year, I noticed that after I had any form of dairy my nose became very runny and I would soon have an extreme amount of phlegm in my throat. This was extremely irritating and at first I let it be, but it only got worseand soon I had a rash on my hands and my eyes were very itchy. I understood this was also due to the sudden allergy.

I have since limited my dairy intake and at times use some antihistimine, although they make me very drowsy. The only thing I would like to ask is...

Does this allergic reaction hold any serious threat to my body?

Cause sometime I just decide to have dairy and although I take one of the tablets then I still have the phlegm thing... it just isn't so severe.

Thanks,

Lifesigns.

Dear Lifesigns,
A Dairy allergy usually is more irritating than dangerous but the increased phlegm could make you more susceptible to infections. Try using soja milk instead - the powder you buy at health shops is nicer than the boxes on the supermarket shelves ( my opinion!) Also rather use frozen yogurt than icecream if possible.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2005/12/15

Hi there, my son has a severe allergic reaction to diary.
You can buy fresh soya from Woollies as well as yoghurt.
Save crisps to eat are Lays salted.
Most of the coconut biscuits on the market does not contain diary either.
Instead of icecrea you should rather have a sorbet icecream.
Why do you not also use celestamine on a daily basis?

Reply to Kippie