Question
Posted by: Anoynomous | 2005/11/26

Daily thoughts: #1

This girl, ... she has greater issues than I can imagine. I just can't stop thinking about her. Im walking and I see her, and shes crying. I want to help. She says shes having a panic attack, and runs upstairs. And sits alone, and crys. She tells me she doesnt want to talk. I dont know what to do. From what I know, this girl has an intense background. She tells me she attempted suicide once. She was placed in a mental hospital. She attempted suicide.... her boyfriend left her. He knew she had major depresion issues. I dont know what it is about her. Shes one of the lowest girls I have seen in a while. Yet, I still see good in her. Shes not thinking about quitting all of her drug usage. But her eyes. What is it that draws me to her. I dont know, maybe I just want to help her. Be her hero. I dont know. Im just a lost soul, trying to figure things out, and piece them together.

Expert ImageTeen expert

if she has a drug problem you will not be able to understand the real person until she has stopped her use as it will be contributing to her behaviour. Its fine to offer friendship, but trying to make clear sense of someone in active use will not get you very far as the picture will change all the time.

she needs professional help first.

1
Posted by: mike | 2005/11/26

You can not help someone who does not want to help themselves. You'll need to foster a relationship with her based on trust and confidence before she may be willing to discuss her issues and listen to your advice. Try the cybershrink site.

Reply to mike