Question
Posted by: Karen | 2006/10/29

Daily Nose Bleeds - 8 year old

My daughter is a healthy 8 year old. She does not have sinus problems and is a very healthy child. For the last week she has had a nose bleed every day.

The nose bleed does not last for verly long and it is not heavy bleeding. I thought it couls be the hot weather we've been having in Gauteng, but on 2 occassions she was in the swimming pool when her nose started bleeding.

Do I need to worry about this and take her to see someone or could it be just the heat?

Dear Karen
She needs to see your GP - rarely it is anything serious, most common it is a weak bloodvessel in the nose that just needs to be cauterized with a specific chemical - painless.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/29

Maybe she needs her nose cauterized. I agree it has been scortching here in JHB, and I think, sadly, worse is still to come! If the nose bleeds seem to continue, maybe you should take her to the doctor just to be sure.

Roll on thunderstorms!

Reply to anxious