Question
Posted by: Zane | 2008/01/14

Daily Muscle Headache won't go away

Hi there. I have been suffering from daily headaches for the past 5 years. I recently went to the headache clinic.The did an assessment and concluded that the headache is due to muscle tension.What medicine can I take to relax my muscles?I took Magnesium supplement for a while.And it helped for just over a month.Altough I stll take it daily.My headaches are back in full force, everyday, all day.Please help. Sometimes I feel like Im losing my mind.Please be specific.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Zane,

If The Headache Clinic found that the cause of your pain is muscle tension then the best treatment is undoubtedly what is called a ‘Posture Modifying Appliance’ (PMA). But if you prefer to try medication, and if the magnesium is no longer helping you, then please contact them again. There are other medications that are sometimes helpful, but one can’t tell in advance which one will be best for a particular patient – so it is a case of trial and error.

The Headache Clinic has the most up-to-date information on the available medications. They do not charge for repeat consultations, so please contact them and they will give you a prescription for the next medication to try.

1
Posted by: fatma | 2008/02/07

Hi I have suffering from daily headache every morning when Iwake up.Im 55 years old woman. I take Asprin tablets but after some time the headache back again. please . please tell me what can I do? Many thanks for every one.bey

Reply to fatma