Posted by: Gym Bunny | 2008/10/14

Daily Kj' s

I am a 30 year old woman, bmi is in range and I work out daily.

How many kj' s should/could I have a day?

Dear Gym Bunny
Generally speaking adult women require an intake of 8400 kJ per day to maintain their weight. If you do very strenuous exercise during your workout, then you may even need an extra 500 kJ per day to compensate for this output. Otherwise stick to 8400 kJ/day.

Posted by: Vitamin B | 2008/10/17

Anna, you are not serious. Your suggestion to the calculations are not valid.

Reply to Vitamin B
Posted by: Anna | 2008/10/16

i read in shape that in your 20`s multiply your weight by 24.5,in your thirties multiply by 24.5 and subtract 10%,in 40`s subtract 20% and so on every 10 years.this is calculated in calories and 1calorie is 4.1 kj.good luck.

Reply to Anna
Posted by: Anneline | 2008/10/15

I am a 36 year old woman. I weigh 62kg and wants to loose to get to my ideal weight of about 55kg. What is the required KJ intake per day for me to loose the weight?

Reply to Anneline