Question
Posted by: Josie | 2005/12/11

Daily Kcal for weight loss

Dear DietDoc,
I am 56, on HRT, BMI of 24.39, and would like to lose the 6Kg I gained in the last year. Non-smoker, normal cholesterol and low BP. I dance, but can't do strenuous exercise due to a congenital neck problem.
Please advise what would be a sensible daily Kcal intake to achieve this weight loss.

Thank you.
Josie

Dear Josie
According to international opinion weight reduction diets for adult women should contain about 6300 kJ per day to provide sustained weight loss. Don't reduce your energy intake below this as it is counterproductive.
Keep up the dancing as all exercise helps with weight loss and weight control.

1
Posted by: Josie | 2005/12/14

Dear DietDoc,
Thank you for the reply. I shall aim at that. Greetings for the festive season.
Josie.

Reply to Josie