Question
Posted by: Snoop | 2004/10/06

dagga

To Whom It may concern!

What are the implications that a person like me(20yrs) male might suffer, when smoking 6 joints a day, i honestly feel no side effects, i am at the top of my game concerning, health, academics, relationships and social aspects of my life, I am just worried that i may cause harmful long term side effects!

Anon
South Africa
Male 20 yrs old

Hi Snoop,
Well, one risk may be that one is more convinced of being on top of one's game than one really is ! Dagga's first and undebatable risk is that it is at least as risky as tobacco, as a smoke. it does seem to inflame and encourage some serious mental disorders, like Schizophrenia, especially if one has any vulnerability in that direction.
And in long-term heavy use it is clearly associated with an "amotivational syndrome" in which one feels less and less motivated to get up and do anything else. Other people often notice ill-effects long before you do.

5
Posted by: AP | 2004/10/07

I tried it a few times - it was horrible - allucunations, etc. I was very much in love with my boyfriend, but broke up with him because of dagga - it made him aggressive, lying and not feeling anything for other people.
At 27 years old he still does not have a vehicle. I am married now and my husband smoked it too long ago - he stopped when he was 25 because it started to interfere with his work.
You don't gro up and responsible because of that stuff

Reply to AP
Posted by: BC | 2004/10/07

Carry on like this, you will eventually forget what you did 10 mins ago. It kills the short-term memory.

Reply to BC
Posted by: Smoker | 2004/10/07

Ive been smoking for 11 years sometimes alot sometimes less, however I am ontop of my game as well. I think it affect diffirent people in diffirent ways.

Reply to Smoker
Posted by: Jackadeejack | 2004/10/06

Quick recap:

I'v got a friend, he nearly lost his family and all of his friends 'cos of weed.

Die goeters neuk jou kop op.

Glo my, ek het al gesien wat die goed aan mense doen met 1X n week, nevermind 6X n DAG!

You aint gonna get out of this one easily.. good luck, but if you do so quickly, you will not be dissappointed.

Second thought, while we're at it, think deeply and VERY long why you are smokin weed. You escape from ur problems? You feel good, otherwise depro? Think deep, then come back with ur thoughts.

Reply to Jackadeejack
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/10/06

if you have any underly'ng mental aflictions, they will explode.
secondly, you think you ok now, but slowly you causing damage to your brain, your social circles, your life and everything. dagga is NOT good for you and at 6 joints a day you already have a problem. Get out now while you still can, because the next step is not far away.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE, been there, done that, got the scars, and lost a lot of friends there.

Reply to blackbird