Question
Posted by: Daddy in waiting | 2007/03/22

Daddy in waiting .....

Expecting mom please help me ......... my wife is 17 weeks pregnant and i dont know how but I seem not to cope to well to her constant "moodyness", its like we almost live pass 1 another, i dont know what to do or not to do, please give me some advise on how to treat her, what can I do to make her feel that I am not distant or that I dont understand how she is feeling ........

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

2
Posted by: Beth | 2007/03/22

Shame man!!! I am currently 31 weeks pregnant, and starting to get incredibly moody. Some ladies start much, much earlier, i am just lucky i guess.

Just keep inmind that your wife is not quite sure what to do with her mood swings either, we can feel it coming on, its like we can see it heading straight for us, but we cant do a thing to stop it - its quite frustrating!!!

All you can do is:

Ask about her and the baby.
If she says the baby is kicking, SHARE in that excitement, ask her if you could have a feel and spend as long as possible waiting to feel the baby (this was very important for me - sadly my hubby was too impatient!!)
Discuss baby names with her
Let her know that you have utmost respect for her and what is happening to her - my hubby scores browny points every time he tells me that he takes his hat off for pregnant women - he says we are strong! (Mmmmmmmm, wonder if he wasnt on this site asking advice)
Just love her, if she says she is in the mood for a chocolate, DONT nag her about the weight - ask her what choccie she wants and get it for her!!
If she wakes you up at night for something - help her, get it for her.
If she asks you to rub her back or feet, rub it and do it with a smile and with great care and at least pretend you want to!
Most of all, keep telling her how beautiful she looks pregnant and especially how much you love her!

Hope these help you, but also just remember that if she says something nasty to you, dont take it personally, especially in a fight now - she doesnt mean it - she just cant handle her emotions at the moment.

Reply to Beth
Posted by: lonely | 2007/03/22

Try and be loving...tell her that you love her and how beautiful she looks...tell her how you feel about the little one and that you excited and cant wait...make little chit chat about baby and your future... If you dont talk & ask questions she might think you not interested and that might make her even more moody... Ask her how she is doing, how she feels... Ask her to come and lay in your arms...because some females can feel very insecure about themselves and think that they not sexy any more and that is why you ignoring her... tell her that you still find her sexy...tell her also that she must be going through alot with all those hormones and changes going through her body but encourage her to talk about...even though you might not understand as half of the complaints she will be rambling about, just try and listen and be sympathetic...the more you get involved in the pregnancy the more she will appreciate you and lighten up...

Reply to lonely