Question
Posted by: Champaign | 2004/11/04

Dachshund going gray

My miniature black dashchund is one year old and is developing gray spots all over his body. Why is this happening? Should I be very worried?

It may be normal, or it may be consistent with a condition called leukotrichia, which is simply the development of white hairs, and has no treatment and no cause. I would not be too worried about it, unless the areas also go bald.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Davina | 2004/11/06

I rescued a little terrier who looked like a little old man, he was very grey but only about 2 years old.

As long as he is healthy, and his diet and appetite is good, I wouldn't be too concerned

Reply to Davina