Question
Posted by: Blue | 2005/07/26

D & C

I had a D & C two weeks ago.(14 days)
I'm still bleeding and there's no sign of it going away. It's not alot, it's like a light period, heavier at some times. However darker in colour and sometimes has a powdery consistency??
I have terrible headaches and gets a little nauseous from time to time.
Is this normal and when can I expect it to go away?

It should have settled by now. Give your doctor a call.

1
Posted by: IvZ | 2005/07/26

Hey there

Sorry to hear that you also had to go through this, it gets better though, don't you worry. I had my D&C a month ago. I bled for a week and a half. Mine was so light in the end that i used 1 panty liner a day and it was more like a brownish blood stain than bleeding. My doctor said that is just fine. He also said the bleeding can go on for anything from a few days to 3 weeks.

If you are worried about it, phone your gynae and go for a checkup. Especially if you start to cramp or anything as that might be an infection? otherwise, just give it a while to clear up. Holding thumbs that will happen soon for you!

Cheers
IvZ

Reply to IvZ