Question
Posted by: me | 2008/08/06

D &  C

can someone please explain this to me? is it like a kind of abortion that they do? even if your not preggies?

If you are not pregnant, a D&C is sometimes done to look for a cause for abnormal bleeding. It also involves taking scrapings of the womb lining.

3
Posted by: Jooles | 2008/08/08

I had a D& C in December and it' s painless. I guess it' s different for everyone. I also had one done three years ago when they did my lap and hysteroscopy.

Reply to Jooles
Posted by: WHAT!! | 2008/08/08

Not painfull??? R u kidding??? Maybe you had drugs before the time. It is VERY painfull. I had it 3 years ago after my misscarriage and oh man, it' s sore. No, I am not finicky, I do have a high threshold, but pain is pain!

Reply to WHAT!!
Posted by: Been there | 2008/08/07

Hi there, it is not necessarily an abortion.
I miscarried &  that is one of the reasons why you would do a D& C. Another reason is if you have very heavy periods, and I' m sure there are other reasons, maybe infection or endometriosis, not sure.
It is the scraping of the lining of the uterus. Not really painful, just a little after the op. Out the same day from hospital.

Reply to Been there