Posted by: Painfully sad | 2008/10/09

Cysts/boils down there?

I suffer from these boils/cysts every now and then - they come up and you squeeze them to get puss out, after squeezing them, they dissappear. It makes the glands swell up and also cause discomfort. What are they and what can be done to prevent them?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If it is in the hairy area, it is probably an infected hair follicle. These are often difficult to prevent, but you could try using an exfoliating cream.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: painfully sad | 2008/10/10

I have found that if you squeeze all the junk out (although very painful), they seem to dissappear. What also helps me with the pain is a little bit of local anaesthetic cream. I' m currently trying something from my homeopathic doctor - so we' ll have to see if that helps. She mentioned that because of all the sweat glands down there, they sometimes become blocked, which is what causes the boil thing.

Reply to painfully sad
Posted by: Sore Crotch | 2008/10/10

I' ve also had a cyst down there for the last six days... Initially it was very sensitive and sore, so I read up on what it could be and how I could treat it. I found that it is most probably a Bartholin' s Gland abscess and that regular, hot sitz baths are supposed to help relieve the pain.
I then proceeded to buy lots of salt and vinegar and to take twice daily baths in a salty-vinegary hot water, just sitting spread eagled with my bum in the water covering the crotch.
This helped ease the pain a bit, but the thing is still there after six days and is very irritating and still a bit sensitive.
I am loathe to go to my Gynae because it is so expensive and I really do not have the financial means for a visit.
I' ve been thinking about using a little facial lance to open the thing up, but I don' t want to damage myself or get an infection.
PLEASE what can/should I do? If I use a sterile lance with dettol-water or something, will it help?
Please reply!

Reply to Sore Crotch
Posted by: zille | 2008/10/10

i also get them and they very sore lets hear what the doc says...
gud luck...

Reply to zille

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.