Question

Cysts on avaries

Hi, I am 24 years old and married for one year. I went for my firs check-up at the gynae in Feb this year. He found cysts on my ovaries. He diagnosed PCOS. My concern is that, as I understand, a syndrome is a mix of differnt symtoms/ signs to form one "illness" or socalled syndrome. I am not overweight and do not suffer from insulin resistance. I had very bad acne from 18 years of age and was put on Diane 35 from then on and was still using it when I saw the gynae (as I understand it is also a good option for treating PCOS). He changed my contaceptive to Cilest tabs as I was complaining of breast tenderness. I have my periods every month while on contraceptives. There is no history of infertility in my family but I want to know whether cysts on ovaries means PCOS or not. What is the chance of getting pregnant and do we have to try for a baby as soon as possible as the condition gets worse with time?

Multiple cysts do mean PCOS. However, not all women with PCOS have fertility problems but the only way to know would be if you stopped the Pill and checked whether you were ovulating.