Question
Posted by: paula | 2005/07/03

cysts, dont know

My gynea diagnosed a 'possible' cyst in my one ovary in feb and the next month i went for a blood test to see if i ovulate (i do). I keep on getting really sore stabbing pains (only on the left side of my groin) and i dont know what it is. It is not ovulation as this happens througout the month. I went back to my gynea (the next month) and he did another scan and there was no cyct. So question: Does 1 test prove that i ovulate all the time, could there be more cysts, how do u know and what do you do?

If your periods are regular and the test showed ovulation, it is likely that you are ovulating regularly. If no cyst was seen, then this is not the cause of the pain. Other possible causes are endometriosis, spastic colon or bladder problems.