Question
Posted by: Curious | 2007/03/16

Cysts

I was told i have a 3 by 3 cm cyst and was give antiboiotics, creams and provera for this. However my anitbiotics have been completed as well as the cream and i would like to know how long it would take to stop the light bleeding and spotting and how long it would take to clear up?? Im still taking provera and will do so for another 15 days or so. Please advise.

It can take 2-3 months for a cyst to disappear. Continue with the Provera.

5
Posted by: Curious | 2007/03/16

Thanks i hope and pray so to!!

Reply to Curious
Posted by: didi | 2007/03/16

good luck and i hope and pray things will get better for you.

Reply to didi
Posted by: Curious | 2007/03/16

I was told the antibiotics will help to remove the cyst ? I was also given creams to insert and provera as well as pain killers and pregixe for inflamation??? I was told the provera will also help to reduce the cyst and to help with the hormone imbalance in my body. I didnt have anything sucked out just medication and i did a pap smear which is normal and just the cyst that was evident. Why is this all to much and wrong? I just wanted to know how long this was going to take to heal...??

Reply to Curious
Posted by: didi | 2007/03/16

hi have a cyst that is 4 cm in diameter and my dr just gave me painkillers and thrust cream because of an invection.why did you dr give you antibiotics?i have an appintment with my gynea on the 20 march.

Reply to didi
Posted by: c | 2007/03/16

my cyst was a little bigger than yours and had to have surgery to have it removed as it was too big to be "sucked" out. Maybe get a second opinion

Reply to c