Question
Posted by: E | 2007/06/22

Cystitis Cystica - Cont...

Hi Doc,
Thanks again for your valuable input.

You have asked me: "Have they tested the urine microbiologically for infection ( sent to the lab and cultured & looked at under microscope?) Called a MCS".

They have sent it away for testing, but when I asked the Urilogist what they found, she said nothing significant. And 95 % of the time it is the E.Coli virus, and that is what she treated me for.

She sent me for a sonar, blood test, urine test, MRI and a bladder biopsy and the pathological results were "Early Cystitis Cystica and Squamous Metaplasia".

I don't really know what caused the infection in the first place.

Thanks for your help. I am currently out of the country and battle to speak to my Urilogist.

Dear E
The infection could just have been caused by a germ. Cystitic cystica is a degenerative change in some cells in the lining of the bladder and is almost regarded as a "normal" degenerative process in the bladder of older people.
It sounds as if your urologist did a complete and thorough examination of the bladder and have the treatment under control. This is usually benign and rarely if ever cause or develop into bladder cancer.