Question
Posted by: E | 2007/06/21

Cystitis Cystica - Cont...

Hi Doc,

Thank you very much for your reply last night on my 'Early Cystitis Cystica' and Urine Tests Results question.

I just have a few more q's:

1. If I prevent any more infections, will the condition get better?
2. If blood in my urine is not normal for this condition what else could cause it? It is more than a week before my next period.
3. I also have a lot of White Blood Cells in my urine, but no Nitrates(which is an usual indication of a UTI). Is there something else that could be wrong?

Thank you very much.

Dear E
It will probably improve if you prevent urinary tract infections.
The blood can come from the lining of the bladder that is "raw" at places. It can be a sign that it is not under control at the moment.
White cells are either pus cells or infection/inflammation fighting cells and can also come into the urine through the raw places.
Have they tested the urine microbiologically for infection ( sent to the lab and cultured & looked at under microscope?) Called a MCS

1
Posted by: E | 2007/06/22

Hi Doc,
Thanks again for your valuable input.

You have asked me: "Have they tested the urine microbiologically for infection ( sent to the lab and cultured & looked at under microscope?) Called a MCS".

They have sent it away for testing, but when I asked the Urilogist what they found, she said nothing significant. And 95 % of the time it is E.Coli virus and that is what she treated me for.

She sent me for a sonar, blood test, urine test, MRI and a bladder biopsy and the pathological results were "Early Cystitis Cystica and Squamous Metaplasia".

I don't really know what caused the infection in the first place.

Thanks for your help. I am currently out of the country and battle to speak to my Urilogist.

Reply to E