Question
Posted by: amanda | 2008/01/10

cyst problem

iam 16 now and was told that i have a large left ovary cyst measuring 4.5 to 5.5cm in diameter. The cyst is complex with internal echoes. I have no clue what this means. in a few days i have to go for a operatio n to remove it. When i was about 6 i also had one and had it removed.
What is causing this? And what are the dangers of having this removed?

Hallo Amanda
A simple cyst usually have one bubble, whereas complex cysts look like a cluster of grapes. The reason for operating on a complex cyst is because the risk of cancer is higher in complex cysts. Dangers would be the "normal" operation risks of bleeding, anaesthesia risks of allergic reactions to medication and problems breathing , infection and should be minimized by your doctor taking precautions to prevent this. There is a small risk of the cyst returning after removal.

1
Posted by: mpl Cyst | 2009/05/08

I had cyst operation in March 2009. Now it has developed again. What must i do and what can i do to prevent it from re occuring.

Reply to mpl Cyst