Question

Cyst Op

I just want to know - a close friend of mine is having cysts removed, how long is the recovery from that OP. I want to offer to help but need to check my schedule

Regards,
Anon

It depends if it is being done by laparoscopy or open surgery. Laparoscopy would be a week or two. Open surgery 4-6 weeks.

3

thanks a mill Shaz -

gonna juggle my schedule to help out my friend

Anon

Posted by: Shaz | 2011/02/23

Hi Anon
I had cysts removed last March and it took me about 3 days to recover. Had my stitches out after a week and by then I was rearing to go again. First couple of days are uncomfortable because of the cuts on my tummy but once I got used to sitting up carefully, it was plain sailing. The cuts are fairly small, so heal quickly too! Hope this helps.

Reply to Shaz