Question
Posted by: Minette | 2008/01/30

Cyst on avaries

i am going to have the cyst on my ovaries removed on Tuesday the 5th of March. I would just like to find out exactly what the complications regarding a operation like this is. What can go wrong. Could you please let me know. I am a bit scared. And my gynea said that he will maybe have to remove my one ovary. But he will try not to. How will this effect me becoming pregnant. Please help me.

Thanking you in advance.

As with any operation, there could be anaesthetic complications, bleeding or infection. If this is an uncomplicated cyst, the chances of these complications is low. Even if the whole ovary is removed, as long as the other one is normal, it should not interfere with pregnancy.

1
Posted by: Porsche | 2008/01/31

I also had a cyst on my left side and it was removed in 2007 Feb, but i changed my Gynae as nothing happened afterwards,so my second Gynae told me I had another cyst, this time on my right, but he said it is not necessary to operate because it can be treated, so he treated it and after a month or two of medication it was gone, the reason why most Gynae does it is because it pays them a lot of money, that's why they hurry to operate and not treat. Ask your gynae if he can treat it first before any operation is done.

Reply to Porsche