Question
Posted by: Salome | 2008/01/15

Cymbalta 60 caps for painful feet

An endicrinologist prescribed this medication for treatment of my painful feet. The pamphlet indicates that it is depression medication. I don't suffer from depression at all. I'm not overweight, don't have diabetes, are 49. Painful feet occurs whenever I'm on my feet for about 2 hours. Orthopedic surgeon diagnosed plantar faciitis as the pain starts in the heel area and spreads to the front of the foot and up to the knees. I am desperate but am scared to take Cymbalta. What is the relation between the depression medication and painful feet?

Expert ImagePharmacist

S

Doctors often prescribe drugs for indications other than those listed on the package insert - This is called "off-label" indications. Give the Cymbalta a try - it may be worth it

1
Posted by: cas | 2008/02/09

I was prescribed cymbalta for constant pain with Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. It defintely works. My feet were so bad it looked like I had a few months before I was wheelchair bound. As long as I take the Cymbalta, I now lead a oretty normal life.

Reply to cas