Question
Posted by: david | 2007/06/06

Cymbalta

I have been prescribed Cymbalta for depression and it is helping. One side effect I have noticed is that it takes quite a bit longer to reach orgasm during intercourse and the ejaculate is a bit burny. Otherwise no side effects. Is this a known side effect of cymbalta?

If you'll check the archives of this forum, you'll see I answer questions very like this several times a week. I consider doctors to be practising lousy medicine if they fail to discuss all relevant details of the meds they prescribe with their patients, including side-effects., so your prescribing doctor should have told you about this. EVERY antidepressant CAN cause problems with erection, or loss of libido, or delayed orgasm in SOME of the people who take them, NONE cause it in everyone, so one can usually switch to a different AD ( NONE of them have such unique advantages that one cannot benefit from swopping to another ).