Question
Posted by: Zorro | 2007/06/13

cyclimycin effect on yasmin

is it possible for cyclimycin (treating an acne problem) to cancel out effects of yasmin (used for treating polycystic ovary syndrome & hormonal problems) - since i have been on cyclimycin (2 weeks now) - my mind keeps racing, feeling nauseas, hair falling out again, blurred vision etc and generally just not feeling well.. my doctor says cyclimycin has no effect on yasmin, but i cant help feeling it is cancelling out the effects (i've become very emotional etc again, and mood is up & down) pls can you advise.

Dear Zorro
some antibiotics can reduce the absorbtion of hormone tablets in the gut. Stop the cyclimycin for a few days and see what it does?

1
Posted by: Zorro | 2007/06/18

thank you kindly. will do. but what happens if one NEEDS to be on both ? does one then explore other options for the acne treatment on one's back ?? could you suggest where i then go, is it dermatologist / gp / physician ??
I just seem to be getting put on meds all the time, some work, some dont, then finally when one works (ie. yasmin) - the cyclimicin might be the problem, and if i stop that then acne on back will get bad again..thanks

Reply to Zorro