Question
Posted by: Confused | 2005/12/05

Cycle irregular

Dear Doc,

Please can you help me. I stopped the pill 4 months ago to TTC our 2nd child. My first AF (after pill AF) arrived on day 36, last month AF arrived on day 31 & now this month it only arrived on day 33. I thought by now my cycle would be looking regular& didn't expect it to come this late?
I know the FAQ section says it takes about 3 months for cycle to regulate after stopping the pill but it doesn't look like this is happening. I have no idea what my cycle was previously (before pill) & when we were TTC my son, it went haywire but I assumed it was due to the stress of having my tonsils out as I was really ill.

A 31-33 day cycle is quite normal and the cycle does not have to be exactly the same length each month.